How to Enroll in AESL classes
- Call 949-451-5510 or email email@example.com to schedule an AESL Admission and Assessment appointment at the AESL Center to find out what level class — beginning, intermediate, or advanced — is best for you.
- Complete the AESL Admission Form before your appointment. If you need help, come to the AESL center. The form is available in Mandarin, Farsi, Arabic, Korean and Vietnamese.
- For your appointment:
After you complete the AESL Admission and Assessment, we will schedule your AESL Orientation and help you register for AESL classes.
- Bring your completed AESL Admission Form.
- Bring a valid photo ID (like a driver’s license or passport).
- Arrive 10 minutes early. DO NOT BE LATE.
Current IVC Students
Current ESL students who have an IVC student ID number and an ESL assessment or class placement can register for AESL classes in MySite during their assigned registration times.
The AESL class schedule is listed on the course schedule under ESL: Adult ESL.
Use your current ESL level to find the best AESL level for you:
- ESL 340 = AESL 501
- ESL 341 = AESL 502
- ESL 360 = AESL 503
- ESL 361 = AESL 504
- ESL 370 = AESL 505
AESL classes include all skills in the same class: listening, speaking, reading and writing. We do not have skill-focused classes in AESL at this time. If you want to take specific skill classes, such as idiom-, vocabulary-, grammar-, conversation-, or pronunciation-focused classes, please look at the ESL classes on the class schedule
If you have an IVC student ID number, but it is not active, you need to reapply to IVC first.
- Visit the Admissions and Records page.
- Under Apply for Admission, click Apply Here.
- Click Sign In and use your existing username and password.
- Once you sign in correctly, start a new application for the new term.
If you do not remember your username and password, call the Open CCC Help Desk at 877-247-4836. They will need your name, date of birth and email address. You will also need to answer some security questions or recall your 4-digit security pin. The help desk has English and Spanish speakers. If you need help in other languages, come to AESL Center.