Students majoring in communication studies at the lower-division level concentrate on learning the basics of public speaking and performance.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the communication studies program, students will be able to
- Advocate a specific topic to an audience of any size.
- Critically assess other speakers’ format, content, and delivery and articulate constructive criticism in an oral critique.
- Articulate and dissect models of communication and apply such methods in public speaking and interpersonal settings.
- Research and construct positions on a set topic to communicate and advocate a particular point of view.
- Critically think about how meaning is exchanged and the implications of our messages.