Guaranteed Accounting Program 4+1 (GAP4+1)
GAP4+1 is a fast-track cohort accounting pathway program for
high school students wishing to have a career in the field of accounting. All
classes are taken together as a group. This program is your ticket to graduate
with a bachelor’s degree in four years, and the option of one extra year to
earn a master’s degree in accounting from California State University,
GAP4+1 Program Benefits & Requirements
- Complete all undergraduate general education requirements during the
first two years at Irvine Valley College (must maintain a “B” average and
participate in the GAP4+1 events).
- Transfer to CSUF Irvine Campus for the final two years, earning a
Bachelor of Arts in business administration with a concentration in accounting.
- Earn the opportunity to enter the Master of Science in Accountancy
program at CSUF. If you maintain a "B" average at CSUF, the requirement for the GMAT will be waived.
- Build relationships with accounting professionals, which could provide
opportunities for mentoring, job shadowing, internships and future employment.
Apply Today for Cohorts #2 (2017) and #3 (2018):
Applications are available for Cohort #2 (students graduating high school in Spring 2017) and Cohort #3 (students graduating high school in Spring 2018). Space is limited.
The steps to be considered are:
- Apply to IVC and get a student ID number it’s free).
- Take your IVC Math and English Assessments. In order to be in this program, and have your space guaranteed, you must graduate from IVC with a certain level of Math and English skills. Assessment results will help us determine your skill level and how we may help you improve. Contact GAP4+1 counselors Rebecca Groff or Kathryn Urell in the IVC Counseling Center with questions about assessments, our Summer Bridge program, and Math and English classes. When calling the Counseling Center, be sure to ask for a GAP4+1 counselor.
- Fill out the application below:
- Complete the fields of the application
- Save your completed form as a .PDF file
- Email the .PDF file to Carina Aasted
- Submit a letter of recommendation from
your high school instructor or high school counselor in order to be considered
by the GAP4+1 Acceptance Committee. If
you are accepted, you will be notified by email, including any conditions on your
acceptance and your next steps.
If you have any questions regarding the field of Accounting or our accounting curriculum, please email the Program Director April Morris with your questions.
Application | Program Flyer