GAP+1 is a unique pathway program — a partnership between Irvine Valley College (IVC) and Cal State Fullerton (CSUF) — that will enable you to graduate with a bachelor’s degree in four years and a master's degree with one more additional year. CSUF’s Accounting Department is highly acclaimed, with employers heavily recruiting for its graduates. CSUF is one of only five California universities that is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business in both accounting and business.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary of accountants and auditors in California is $83,910. The GAP4+1 program is flexible and allows students to early a master’s degree in either accountancy or taxation. Students can obtain careers in accounting firms for assurance (audit), tax or consultancy; into private industry in the fields of planning, administration, controllership or finance; or into the worlds of asset management, banking, investment analyst, securities, and investment consultants.
Benefits of the GAP4+1 Program
- Guaranteed transfer to CSUF after two years at IVC
- Associate in Science Degree in Accounting and AS-T: Associate in Science for Transfer in Business Administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting in 4 years
- Optional Master’s Degree in either Taxation or Accountancy in 1 more year
- Membership into nationally recognized clubs and organizations such as the CSUF Accounting Society
- Mentorship Program
- Shared learning experience with cohort members
- Development of collaboration, leadership and teamwork skills
- Opportunity to meet and network with top accounting firms
- Attendance at specialized professional development workshops and events
- Ability to take honors courses to satisfy the GAP4+1 program course requirements
- A clearly-defined academic timeline and format with guaranteed seats in your classes