Honors Program at IVC
Registration is now Open. Register Here.
The Irvine Valley College Honors Program is designed to meet the needs of academically talented and highly motivated students. The program offers eligible students access to the following opportunities:
- Small, seminar-style honors classes
- Enriched coursework
- Interaction with other motivated students
- Recognition on transcripts and at graduation
- Guaranteed priority admission review at many transfer institutions, including UCI and UCLA
- Dedicated honors scholarships
- Designated honors counselor
- Priority registration for classes
- Honors study lounge in LA 107
- Leadership positions
- Field trips and field studies
- Social and cultural activities
- Complimentary library card at UCI and UCLA
Eligible students may enroll in honors-designated courses, most of which meet the general education transfer requirements for the University of California and California State University systems.
For special consideration by transfer institutions and for recognition on the transcript, Honors Program students must complete a minimum of five courses and 15 letter-graded units of honors-designated coursework during their academic career at IVC (courses taken on a credit/ no-credit basis do not fulfill Honors Program requirements). Students must maintain an overall GPA of 3.25 for eligibility, except for UCLA TAP, which requires a 3.5 GPA. Students must also achieve a 3.25 GPA in their honors courses. Students must also complete two honors courses per year and must complete at least two of the five honors classes prior to their final spring semester.