Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
Adapted Kinesiology:

How to Enroll in Adapted Kinesiology

Photo of Counselor Bari assisting a studentEnrollment can be completed by going to the classes offered link and registering for the class through mysite or by registering in the admissions and records office.

Sign up/register with the Disabled Students office (if applicable) and complete the necessary paper work. Prospective students will meet with a DSPS counselor for one on one instruction.

If a student is unsure if they qualify for the adaptive PE class, please contact Mary Rominger at (949) 451-5778 or contact the instructor to arrange to observe a class in session.

Other requirements include: A) students must profit from the adaptive PE instruction. B) Students must be at least 18, or have a release from their school district (K-12).

Students not eligible for Adaptive PE can sign up for open gym class or the introduction to weight lifting class that is offered at the same time/location as the Adaptive PE class.

Photo of Eric exiting busThe Orange County Transit Authority (ACCESS Bus Division) provides pick up services for special needs students several times a day at Irvine Valley College. For a fee of $2.70, OCTA will come directly to the student's home and provide transportation to Irvine Valley College.


Keith Shackleford, JD
Dean, Kinesiology, Health & Athletics
Athletics Director

Corine Reymond
Sr. Admin. Assistant, Kinesiology, Health & Athletics

T: 949-451-5398 
O: PE 225

Copyright © Irvine Valley College