Biological Sciences Department
The Biological Sciences include specialized courses examining extensions of our base courses as they relate to a variety of specific areas of study, including:
- human anatomy
- human sexuality
- cellular biology
- natural history
- marine biology
- applied ecology
Students may complete courses within the School of Life Sciences & Technologies in order ...
- to fulfill general education requirements for the AA degree
- to satisfy prerequisites for health-related programs such as nursing
- to meet graduation requirements at prospective transfer institutions
- to complete the Associate of Arts degree with a major in one of these areas:
- applied ecology / biology
- health science
For additional information on our A.A. degree program, or for information on transferring to other schools, please visit the IVC home page. Specific information for Pre-Nursing students and for prospective UCI Bio majors, including a recommended pattern of classes to fulfill requirements, can be found in the printed Schedule of Classes or at the links provided here.