IVC Guided Pathways
At Irvine Valley College, Guided Pathways are intended to help students graduate in two years with 60 degree-applicable units so that they can transfer to a four-year university or enter the workforce.
The Guided Pathways structure will help to guide students through their education. Guided Pathways provide a clear and structured path for students to make informed decisions about their program and course choices, as well as help them to complete the courses they need in a timely manner.
- Improve college completion rates.
- Improve transfer rates.
- Aid in job attainment with value in the labor market.
- Achieve equity in above outcomes.
Components of Guided Pathways:
- Create clear curricular pathways to employment and further education.
- Help students choose and enter their pathway.
- Help students stay on their path.
- Ensure that learning is taking place with intentional outcomes.