Certificate of Achievement
Recycling and Resource Management (18 units)
The recycling and resource management certificate program is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to obtain employment or advancement in sustainable resource management or a zero waste-related field. Course requirements are designed to provide students with a holistic perspective on the relationship of recycling and zero waste to a changing global economy and climate.
Upon completion of Recycling and Resource Management Certificate program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive perspective on the role that recycling and waste diversion plays in solving economic and environmental issues.
- Identify employment resources across multiple industry sectors related to recycling and resource management.
- Successfully integrate recycling and resource management strategies.
- Understand that global culture, economics and sustainability are part of managing resources.
- Promote programs through community-based social marketing.
- Apply social marketing and resource management strategies in business and community plans.
- Write zero waste business and community plans from goals to implementation.
- Have the environmental and science background to initiate these new directions.
Required Courses - Total Units (15)
Electives Courses - Total Units (3) Select One:
- ECON 6 Environmental and Resource Economics - 3 Units
- GEOG 20 Global Environmental Problems - 3 Units
- ENGT 140 Materials and Processes - 3 Units
Total 18 Units