Online & Distance Education Exams
The Testing Center offers flexible hours with a secure environment for all your testing needs.
Attending another university or college?
You can now specify the IVC Testing Center as a site to administer your exams for distance education courses.
How do I set up a Test?
- Contact your university or college distance education department. They will typically want a contact person at IVC to send the exam to. The contact person for IVC is:
5500 Irvine Center Drive, Room A-3TC
Irvine, CA 92618
- Contact IVC at the above email address to let us know that you would like to take your proctored examinations at our testing site.
Is there a fee for this service?
The proctor fees for (non-certification) exams are:
- Exams up to 2 hours = $25.00
- Exams over 2 hours = $40.00
Fees are paid at the start of the exam preferably by check made out to Irvine Valley College.
NOTE: IVC students with a current student ID qualify for reduced rates of $15 per exam.
Special accommodations must be submitted to the testing center in writing by your professor or school prior to your exam. Special accommodations must be submitted to the testing center in writing by your professor or school prior to your exam.
What do I bring to my test appointment?
- Photo identification.
- Payment for test: CASH (exact change please) or check (made out to Irvine Valley College) ONLY.
- Credit Cards are NOT accepted.
- Please check with your instructor for testing requirements.
- If you do not have an IVC or Saddleback parking permit, please bring $5 (cash or card) to purchase a parking permit.
*Please note that personal items including but not limited to: cell phones, wallets, hats, watches, car keys, and food/drink are not permitted in the testing room.